Criminal Defense Attorney
Joseph “Trey” Flynn received his Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration from the University of Florida, and went on to earn his Juris Doctor from the University of Dayton - School of Law in 2007.
While in law school, Mr. Flynn served on the community service based St. Thomas More Society, while also serving as a board member and later president of the Entertainment and Sports Law Society.
After graduating law school Mr. Flynn moved back to this hometown of Orlando, and went on to serve as an Assistant Public Defender for the Ninth Judicial Circuit. During his time as a public defender, Mr. Flynn defended more than 1,000 clients in several areas in both County and Circuit Court. He also served as counsel on over 70 jury trials.
In 2014 he became Board Certified in Criminal Trial Law, making him an expert in the field. Board Certification is the highest level of evaluation by The Florida Bar of competency and experience within an area of law, and professionalism and ethics in practice.
Mr. Flynn is experienced in handling all aspects of criminal defense, including jury trials, pretrial motions, bond motions and violation of probation hearings. He also has extensive experience dealing with mental health issues such as competency and sanity, and has even served as counsel in Baker Act hearings.
Mr. Flynn’s family has lived in Orlando since the late 1950s. He currently is civically involved with several organizations including serving as president for the Yellow Brick Road: The Holden Flynn Foundation an organization dedicated to assisting children and families suffering from congenital heart disease. He is the treasurer for Mended Little Hearts of Orlando and has headed up the leading fundraising team for the Miracle Miles Run supporting the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Winnie Palmer Hospital for 4 straight years.
Professionally, Mr. Flynn is a member of the Central Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Orange County Bar Association.
- Stephens v. State, 78 So.3d 686 (Fla. 5th DCA 2012)
Trey Flynn has successfully handled cases in the following but not limited to areas:
- PreTrial Release (PTR) issues (motions to set and/or modify conditions of bond/bail, 'no return' and 'no contact' orders, etc.)
- Baker Act (mental health) civil proceedings
- Driving under the Influence (DUI) and other Driving related offenses
- Theft offenses (Petit theft, Grand theft, Dealing in Stolen Property)
- Assault, Aggravated Assault, Battery, Aggravated Battery, Battery by Strangulation, Battery on a Law Enforcement Officer, etc.
- Domestic Violence (Violation of PTR, Battery, Violation of Injunction(s), Stalking, etc.)
- Weapons offenses (carrying a concealed weapon, carrying a concealed firearm, possession of ammunition/firearm by convicted felon)
- Burglary and Trespass
- Possession of Controlled Substances (Misdemeanor and Felony)
- Sale, Delivery, Conspiracy and Trafficking of Controlled Substances
- Sex crimes: solicitation, lewd and lascivious, internet pornography and internet solicitation
- Scheme(s) to Defraud (including, but not limited to: insurance fraud, forgery of checks, uttering a forgery, false verification of ownership to a pawnbroker, unemployment compensation fraud, public assistance fraud, etc.)
- Violations of Probation (Felony and/or Misdemeanor)
- Racketeering (R.I.C.O.)
Areas of Law and Practice
|Areas of Law||Areas of Practice|
|Criminal Law||Assault and Battery, Bribery, Burglary, Capital Offenses, Civil Forfeiture, Crime Victims Compensation, Criminal Antitrust, Criminal Appeals, Criminal Conspiracy, Criminal Defense, Criminal Forfeiture, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Investigation, Criminal Prosecution, Death Penalty, Drivers License Suspension, Driving While Intoxicated, DUI/DWI, Electronic Surveillance, Expungements, Extortion, Extradition, Federal Criminal Law, Felonies, Forensic Accounting, Forensic DNA, Forensic Medicine, Forensic Science, Forgery, Grand Jury Practice, Habeas Corpus, Hit and Run, Homicide, International Criminal Law, International Extradition, Mail Fraud, Malicious Prosecution, Manslaughter, Misdemeanors, Money Laundering, Murder, Parole and Probation, Post-Conviction Remedies, Search and Seizure, Sex Crimes, Sexual Assault, Shoplifting, Stalking, Theft, Traffic Violations, Vehicular Homicide, Victims Rights, Weapons Charges, White Collar Law, Wire Fraud, Wiretapping|
Assistant Public Defender | Law Offices Of Robert Wesley - Public Defender
2007 - 2015
Partner | NeJame Law
2015 - 2015
BA - Bachelor of Arts | University of Florida
1998 - 2002
JD - Juris Doctor | University of Dayton School of Law
2004 - 2007
Attorney Rating and Feedback
Publications and Presentations
TYPICAL HOURLY RATE: --
TYPICAL FIXED FEE: --
TYPICAL CONTINGENCY FEE: --
Orlando, Florida, Orange County
Get a Lawyer Now
Tired of searching?
Anonymously post your legal needs quickly and for free, and lawyers interested in helping you will contact you via email!