The Dyson Law Firm
Our highly skilled attorneys have achieved excellent results for our clients in their fields of practice and we are proud of the quality of service we consistently provide. The firm was founded by Maurice R. Dyson on the principles of honesty, integrity, compassion and equal justice under law. These values have guided the firm's success and defined the legal career of its founder for nearly twenty years. Mr. Dyson is a certified member of the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States of America, the New York State Supreme Court and the New York Court of Appeals. He is a Harlan Fiske Stone Honors graduate of Columbia Law School, a Kings Crown Scholar graduate of Columbia College, Columbia University, and a Mentoring Scholars Fellow at Teachers College, Columbia University. He has taught law on the faculties of Columbia University, Southern Methodist University, the City University of New York, Faculte De Droit De L'Universite De Nice and the Thomas Jefferson School of Law among others. A former attorney at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP, and special projects team attorney at the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights, Mr. Dyson has extensive experience representing major institutions and clients. Over the past two decades, he has:
• Represented the nation's largest online company with 20 million internet access subscribers in the nation's largest U.S. merger with the world's largest media and entertainment conglomerate. This transaction was valued at approximately US $166 billion and was structured to facilitate the newly merged company in providing an incomparable portfolio of global brands. These brands included the full spectrum of media and content, from Internet to broadcast and cable television.
• Represented leverage buyout firm in potential bid to purchase transportation pre-pass line and related service businesses. The value of the transaction was approximately US $1.3 billion. Conducted sophisticated due diligence review, as well as drafted stock purchase agreements and management agreements.
• Represented leverage buyout firm in potential bid to purchase high profile designer apparel company for US $900 million. Conducted due diligence of popular apparel company, subsidiaries and international affiliates; assisted in drafting executive summary and the stock purchase agreement.
• Represented major telecommunications company in a publicly announced acquisition of a 33.8 percent stake in a leading wireless communications provider with approximately 466,000 subscribers in Eastern and Atlantic regions of Colombia. The estimated value of the acquisition was US $295 million. This transaction allowed the premier U.S. telecommunications company to extend its overall wireless coverage in Latin America to eleven countries representing a total of approximately 202 million POPs. Assisted with the drafting of the asset purchase agreements, registration rights agreements, promissory note and option agreements.
• Represented clients successfully in the landmark trial decision CFE v. State of New York which awarded additional $5.6 billion for operating aid and $9.2 billion in capital funding to low income schools in NYC. The verdict was upheld by the New York state’s highest court, the Court of Appeals to provide fair funding.
• Prepared various agreements involving recapitalizations, stock and asset purchases, IPOs, private placements and high-yield debt issuances as well as incorporating documents and board resolutions.
• Conducted due diligence of a diversified portfolio of institutional investors in connection with LBOs and strategic mergers.
• Represented clients successfully in overcoming objections to copyright and trademark registrations with the United States Patent & Trademark Office.
• Represented clients successfully in civil rights and personal injury matters.
• Represented clients in disability discrimination, racial discrimination and employment discrimination cases with success.
• Enforced Title II of ADA, Section 504, Title VI, Title IX, & the Age Discrimination Act in employment discrimination.
• Supervised New York City special education programs and implementation issues with respect to referral, placement and intervention strategies in accordance with Title VI mandates.
• Conducted compliance reviews, resolution negotiation and drafting, complaint mediation, intake and case management, policy advising, legal research and position paper writing.
• Engaged in trust and estate planning and preparation of clients' trusts and wills.
• Engaged in asset protection planning and preparation of land trusts for real estate investments.
• Represented clients successfully in administrative hearings for SSI benefits & public housing eligibility.
• Provided in service training, expert witnessing and CLE courses on education law and civil rights.
• Providing immigration law representation to individuals seeking visas, green cards, asylum, convention against torture status and more. Call toll free: (855) 673-9766 / Or email us at: email@example.com
Maurice R. Dyson, Esq.
Founder, Attorney & Counselor-at-Law
EXPERT WITNESS SERVICES
We also provide expert witness services. General Specialties: Negligence, Education & Schools and School Safety, Civil Rights, Bias, Discrimination, Abuse. Specialty Focus: Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, civil rights, racial bias, discrimination, school negligence, negligent hiring, negligent supervision & retention, personal injury, school accidents, school child abuse & sexual abuse, harassment & bullying, student supervision, child custody & school review, sexual harassment, daycare & higher ed., wrongful death. We provide services from case inception through resolution. Determining the merit of a case, conducting file review and analysis, compiling expert reports, and offering testimony at deposition and/or at trial are but a few of the services we provide. Through the experience of its founder and principal consultant, Prof. Dyson, and with the support of a highly competent staff, our firm provides quality comprehensive services in school litigation cases and education law.
Areas of Law and Practice
|Areas of Law||Areas of Practice|
|Alternative Dispute Resolution||Arbitration, Collaborative Law, International Arbitration, International Dispute Resolution, International Mediation, Mediation|
|Business Law||Business Arbitration, Business Associations Law, Business Cooperatives, Business Crimes, Business Development, Business Dissolutions, Business Enterprises, Business Estate Planning, Business Formation, Business Fraud, Business Litigation, Business Mediation, Business Organization, Business Planning, Business Regulation, Business Reorganization, Business Start-Ups, Business Succession Planning, Business Successions, Business Syndication, Business Taxation, Business Torts, Business Transactions, Business Transfers, Business Trusts, Business Valuation, Buy-Sell Agreements, Buying and Selling of Businesses, Closely Held Business Estate Planning, Closely Held Business Law, Closely Held Business Taxation, Complex Business Litigation, Cooperative Taxation, Emerging Business Law, Emerging Growth Companies, Entrepreneurial Business Law, Family Business Law, Family Business Mediation, Family Business Successions, International Business Law, International Joint Ventures, Joint Ventures, Limited Liability Company Law, Minority Business Law, Pass-Through Entities, Private Business Law, Privatization, Professional Practices, Small Business Law, Sole Proprietorships, Strategic Alliances, Trade and Professional Associations, Trade Association Law|
|Civil Rights||Civil Liberties, Civil Rights Defense, Civil Rights Section 1983, Disability Discrimination, Disabled Access, Disabled Rights, Discrimination, Gay and Lesbian Rights, Handicapped Rights, Human Rights, International Human Rights, Personal Rights, Prisoners Rights, Prisoners Rights Class Actions, Public Interest Law, Race Discrimination, Reproductive Rights, Sex Discrimination, Womens Rights|
|Class Actions||Class Action Defense, Class Action Prosecution|
|Constitutional Law||Fifth Amendment Law, First Amendment Law, Fourth Amendment Law, Freedom of Information, Freedom of Religion, Media and First Amendment|
|Contracts||Contract Drafting, Commercial Contracts, Contract Fraud, Contract Litigation, International Commercial Contracts, International Contracts|
|Copyrights||Copyright Infringement, Copyright Licensing, Copyright Litigation, Copyright Prosecution, Copyright Protection, Copyright Registration, International Copyright Law, Internet Copyright Law|
|Corporate Law||Closely Held Corporations, Corporate Banking Law, Corporate Commercial Law, Corporate Contracts, Corporate Control Contests, Corporate Criminal Law, Corporate Dissolutions, Corporate Ethics, Corporate Fiduciary Law, Corporate Finance, Corporate Formation, Corporate Governance, Corporate Income Tax, Corporate Insurance, Corporate Insurance Defense, Corporate Investigations, Corporate Litigation, Corporate Organization, Corporate Partnerships, Corporate Planning, Corporate Real Estate, Corporate Reorganization, Corporate Successions, Corporate Tax Controversies, Corporate Tax Planning, Corporate Taxation, Corporate Trusts, Corporate Workouts, Family Corporations, Foreign Sales Corporations, Hostile Takeovers, Incorporation, International Corporate Finance, International Corporate Law, International Corporate Taxation, Nonprofit Corporations, Offshore Corporations, Professional Corporations, Proxy Contests, Public Corporations, S Corporations, Small Business Corporations, Takeovers, Tender Offers, Transfer Pricing|
|Education Law||Academic Employment, Charter School Law, College and University Law, Educational Testing, Federal Education Grants, Fraternity Liability, Independent School Law, Private Education Law, Public School Law, School Board Defense, School Board Liability, School Desegregation, School District Liability, School Equal Protection, School Law, School Tenure, Special Education, Student Discipline, Student Loans, Teachers Credentials, Title IX Discrimination, University Finance|
|Entertainment Law||Art Law, Artists Rights, Cultural Property, Entertainment Contracts, Entertainment Finance, Entertainment Liability, Entertainment Litigation, Entertainment Syndication, Fine Arts, Interactive Multimedia Law, Motion Picture Finance, Motion Picture Production and, Distribution, Motion Pictures and Television, Multimedia Law, Museum Law, Music Copyright, Music Law, Music Licensing, Music Publishing, Theater Law, Video Law|
|Family Law||Adoptions, Agency Adoptions, Alimony, Annulment, Assisted Reproductive Technology, Child Abduction, Child Abuse and Neglect, Child Advocacy, Child Care, Child Custody, Child Custody Mediation, Child Dependency, Child Protection, Child Sexual Abuse, Child Support, Child Welfare, Childrens Rights, Civil Unions, Cohabitation Agreements, Collaborative Family Law, Community Property Law, Day Care, Divorce, Divorce Arbitration, Divorce Mediation, Divorce Taxation, Domestic Partnerships, Domestic Relations, Domestic Torts, Domestic Violence, Equitable Distribution, Family Arbitration, Family Mediation, Fathers Rights, Foster Care, Gay and Lesbian Family Law, Grandparents Custody, Grandparents Visitation Rights, Independent Adoptions, International Adoptions, International Child Abduction, International Child Custody, International Family Law, Interstate Adoptions, Interstate Child Custody, Interstate Support, Juvenile Criminal Law, Juvenile Dependency, Juvenile Delinquency, Juvenile Law, Legal Separation, Marital Agreements, Marital Property Distribution, Marital Property Law, Marital Property Settlements, Matrimonial Bankruptcy Law, Matrimonial Law, Military Divorce, Name Changes, No Fault Divorce, Non-Traditional Family Law, Orphans Court Practice, Palimony, Parental Kidnapping, Parental Rights, Parenting Time, Paternity, Post Divorce Modification, Postnuptial Agreements, Premarital Agreements, Private Adoptions, Qualified Domestic Relations Orders, (QDROs), Restraining Orders, Same Sex Marriage, Spousal Support, Step Parent Adoptons, Surrogacy Law, Termination of Parental Rights, Third Party Custody, Uncontested Divorce, Visitation Rights|
|Fraud||Art Fraud, Automobile Fraud, Civil Fraud, Fraud, Identity Theft, Odometer Tampering|
|Immigration Law||Asylum, Business Immigration, Citizenship, Consular Law, Deportation, Diplomatic Immunity, Employment Authorizations, Employment Immigration, Employment Visas, Family Immigration Law, Immigration Discrimination, Investor Visas, Labor Certifications, Permanent Visas, Political Asylum, Refugee Law, Religious Visas, Removal Proceedings, Visas|
|Legal Ethics and Professional Responsibility||Attorney Discipline, Attorney Errors and Omissions, Attorney Fee Disputes, Attorney Grievances, Conflicts of Interest, Judicial Discipline, Legal Ethics|
|Libel, Slander and Defamation||Defamation, Libel and Slander, Libel Defense, Media Libel|
|Litigation||Civil Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Complex and Multi-District Litigation, Complex Litigation, Defense Litigation, E-Discovery, Federal Civil Litigation, Federal Litigation, International Litigation, Long-Arm Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation, Trial Practice, U.S. Supreme Court Litigation|
|Medical Malpractice||Birth Trauma, Chiropractors Malpractice, Cosmetic Surgery Malpractice, Dental Malpractice, Dental Malpractice Defense, Failure to Diagnose, Gynecology Malpractice, Medical Disciplinary Proceedings, Medical Liability, Medical Malpractice Defense, Medical Negligence, Medical-Legal Law, Medication Errors, Mental Health Professionals Malpractice, Nursing Liability, Nursing Malpractice, Nursing Negligence, Obstetric Malpractice, Oncology Law, Optometric Malpractice, Orthopedic Malpractice, Pediatric Malpractice, Pharmacists Liability, Physicians Professional Liability, Physicians Rights, Physicians Risk Management, Podiatric Malpractice, Psychiatric Malpractice, Psychology Malpractice, Psychotherapy Law, Surgeons Liability, Wrong Site Surgery|
|Mergers and Acquisitions||Business Acquisitions, Business Divestitures, International Merger Notification, International Mergers and Acquisitions, Leveraged Acquisitions, Leveraged Buyouts, Merger Reorganization, Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures, Mergers and Acquisitions Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions Taxation, Premerger Notification, Spin-Offs|
|Personal Injury||Accidents, Animal Attacks, Aquatic Injuries, Automobile Accidents and Injuries, Automobile Negligence, Bicycle Accidents, Boating Accidents, Bodily Injury, Brain Injury, Bus Accidents, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Catastrophic Injury, Commercial Vehicle Liability, Dog Bites, Electrical Injury, Head Injury, Motor Vehicle Accidents and Injuries, Motorcycle Accidents, Neurolaw, Pedestrian Injuries, Personal Injury Appeals, Product Liability, Severe Burns, Sexual Abuse, Slip and Fall, Spinal Injury, Subway Accidents, Third Party Wrongful Death, Work Place Injury, Whiplash, Wrongful Death|
|Privacy Law||Information and Privacy, Privacy and Publicity, Privacy Litigation, Right of Privacy, Right of Publicity|
|Probate||Ancillary Probate, International Probate, Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Probate Taxation|
|Torts||Civil Liability, Intentional Torts, Mass Torts, Tort Defense, Tort Liability|
|Trusts and Estates||Contested Trusts and Estates, Decedents Estates, Estate Administration, Estate Bankruptcy, Estate Litigation, Estate Planning, Estate Planning for Parents of Handicapped Childre, Estate Planning for the Disabled, Estate Planning for the Elderly, Estate Planning for Unmarried Couples, Estate Settlements, Family Trusts, Family Wealth Transfer, Fiduciary Law, Fiduciary Liability, Fiduciary Litigation, Financial Planning, International Estate Planning, International Trusts, International Trusts and Estates, Living Trusts, Offshore Trusts, Personal Planning, Pet Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Retirement Planning, Special Needs Trusts, Surrogates Court Practice, Trust Administration, Trust and Estate Collections, Trust Law, Trust Litigation, Trust Planning, Unclaimed Property, Wealth Planning, Wealth Preservation|
|Wills||Contested Wills, Will Drafting, Inheritance, Living Wills, Missing Heir Searches, Successions|
- New York
- No Information
Juris Doctor | Columbia Law School, Honors.
1996 - 1999
Harlan Fiske Stone Honors.
Attorney Rating and Feedback
Publications and Presentations
TYPICAL HOURLY RATE: --
TYPICAL FIXED FEE: --
TYPICAL CONTINGENCY FEE: --
New York, New York, New York County
Get a Lawyer Now
Tired of searching?
Anonymously post your legal needs quickly and for free, and lawyers interested in helping you will contact you via email!