Do You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
The effects of personal injuries are traumatizing and can have life-changing impacts. Beyond the injuries, you should handle the necessary paperwork, insurance companies, and medical bills, which are overwhelming, especially if you haven’t recovered. Handling a personal injury case is difficult, especially if you don’t understand various legal processes. You can get unfair compensation or wait longer for compensation from the liable party. Unless you are versed in law matters, you need a personal injury lawyer for the following reasons.
1. If You Suffered Injuries from the AccidentThe aftermath of motor vehicle accidents and workplace injuries is often very severe, resulting in lengthy hospitalization and intense medical treatment. If you suffered any injury, hiring a Las Vegas personal injury attorney increases your chances of being compensated fairly for the damages. A personal injury lawyer can help you get the most from your lawsuit. Besides severe injuries, you should seek legal representation if the accident left you with serious pain and suffering, temporary or permanent disability.
2. If the Liability is UnclearThe burden of proof in personal injury cases often lies with the plaintiff. You should contact a personal injury lawyer if it is unclear who should be held liable for the accident and resulting damages. If the negligent party doesn’t agree with your claims, you must prove these to the jury. This requires that you present enough evidence of injuries caused by the other party’s negligence.
For instance, if your injuries were caused by a car accident, you should provide detailed police records, official accident reports, photos, eyewitness testimonies, and medical records. Collecting and organizing this information to make your case is challenging, especially if you are still recovering. An attorney can help build your case. On the other hand, you’ll also need legal representation if you were the party at fault.
3. If the Insurance Company Acts in Bad FaithThe at-fault party’s insurance company should work in good faith to expedite payments of due personal injury claims. Unfortunately, most companies find ways of reducing or avoiding liability for claims. You should suspect the insurance company’s actions if:
- They cause unnecessary delays
- As for unnecessary documentation
- Provide misleading information
- Change the terms of the policy
- Use aggressive methods to pressure you into accepting unfair offers
- Delay or deny paying for valid claims
Dealing with rogue insurance companies is difficult and mostly requires filing a separate claim against the insurer. Working with a personal injury lawyer can ease this process.
4. You Don’t Know How to Value Personal Injury ClaimInjured parties should dully receive compensation for injuries and other damages sustained. This includes financial losses, pain, and emotional suffering. The main challenge is calculating the value of your claim, especially if you don’t understand personal injury laws. You should include the costs of medical bills, lost wages, personal or in-home care, and other economic damages. You should also place a value on pain and suffering. Working with an attorney can help you price your claim accordingly.
EndnoteYou should contact a personal injury lawyer immediately after the accident. Waiting too long can jeopardize your claim. You might also miss the deadlines for filing personal injury suits. Fortunately, most attorneys offer a free consultation.
Do You Need An Attorney?
If so, post a short summary of your legal needs to our site and let attorneys submit applications to fulfill those needs. No time wasted, no hassle, no confusion, no cost.