What Kinds of Injuries Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Handle?
According to the Canadian Institute for Health Information, there were almost 14 million ER visits from 2021 to 2022. Furthermore, a lot of people who got admitted to the hospital spent more time in the emergency room (visits concluded within 40 hours), while those who got discharged and didn’t have to get admitted completed their visits in a relatively meager 7 hours.
These figures are quite staggering to think about–notwithstanding just how many personal injury cases potentially stemmed from them and how many of them took place in Edmonton alone.
That said, it’s still good that personal injury law exists in Edmonton and other Canadian provinces to protect you and your loved ones from such accidents by holding parties accountable.
This article explains the types of injuries a personal injury lawyer in Edmonton can handle.
1. Car AccidentsIf you sustain injuries due to a car accident, you may be eligible for compensation. A personal injury lawyer in Edmonton will work with you after a car crash to assess the details of the car crash injury claim. The lawyer can seek both economic and non-economic damages on your behalf.
2. Truck AccidentsUnfortunately, the risk of severe damage can be greater in truck accidents than in car accidents. Unlike typical car accidents, truck accidents involve commercial trucking companies and their sizable insurance policies.
Causes of truck accidents include:
- Drug or alcohol use
- Inadequate load securement
- Improper truck maintenance
- Truck driver error/ fatigue
- Improper trucker training and supervision.
If you or a loved one suffers injuries from a truck accident, you deserve compensation for damages. Truck accident claims tend to be tricky to navigate, especially since insurance policies for trucking companies have many loopholes to avoid liability. An experienced personal injury lawyer can navigate these loopholes to help maximize compensation for your damages.
3. Motorcycle AccidentsMotorcycle accidents often result in serious injury, brain damage, or death. Common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Road rage
- Impaired driving
- Texting and driving
- Poor road conditions, etc.
An experienced personal injury lawyer can navigate the details of your motorcycle accident claim to maximize the outcome.
4. Wrongful DeathDeath tends to be the worst-case scenario in any type of accident. If you’re a surviving family member of someone who was killed due to another party’s negligence, you have the right to file a wrongful death claim and seek compensation.
Recouping damages in a wrongful death suit can be overwhelming. An experienced personal injury lawyer can build a strong wrongful death claim for compensation that may include recovery for economic and non-economic damages.
5. Bicycle AccidentsBicycle accidents–like motorcycle accidents–typically result in severe injuries due to limited protection on the roads. Cyclists, like motorists, reserve the same rights on the road.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries from a bicycle accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation. A personal injury lawyer in Edmonton can build your claim for compensation.
6. Pedestrian AccidentsPedestrian accidents can be fatal, resulting in brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, cuts, bruises, broken bones, etc. A personal injury lawyer can help attribute liability in a pedestrian accident. Moreover, the lawyer can build a proper claim for compensation for damages.
7. Traumatic Brain InjuriesTraumatic brain injuries typically result from accidents, falls, and other events. A personal injury lawyer can determine liability in case of a traumatic brain injury. They can also file a claim or lawsuit against the liable party on your behalf.
8. Whiplash InjuriesWhiplash injuries are soft-tissue injuries resulting from violent car crashes. These injuries don’t always result in fractures or broken bones. However, they may result in significant pain, discomfort, and inconvenience. A whiplash injury lawyer can investigate the circumstances surrounding the whiplash injuries to determine liability and seek damages for your inconvenience.
Damages a Personal Injury Lawyer in Edmonton Can RecoverPersonal injury lawyer focus on injury cases resulting in:
- Pain and suffering
- Costs of future medical care
- Loss of income
- Special damages
- Permanent and minor injuries
- Settlement negotiations
- Loss of your ability to perform household responsibilities.
- Economic damages
- Non-economic damages
- Punitive damages.
Contact A Personal Injury LawyerIf you’ve suffered any injury, a personal injury lawyer can determine the scope of their ability with regard to your type of injury. Reach out to an Edmond personal injury lawyer for experienced and personalized legal advice.
Do You Need An Attorney?
If so, post a short summary of your legal needs to our site and let attorneys submit applications to fulfill those needs. No time wasted, no hassle, no confusion, no cost.