Becker Law LLC
Steven Becker is an accomplished business, contracts, and intellectual property attorney with more than three decades of experience. As the owner of Becker Law LLC, he uses his comprehensive knowledge of the legal system and business world to help freelancers, startups, and small and medium businesses achieve their goals.
Steven Becker has worked as an attorney and general counsel for major corporations—including a $10 billion-plus subsidiary of a well-known conglomerate that boasts more than $45 billion in annual revenue.
In his more than 35 years of practice, Steven Becker has consistently demonstrated adept negotiation, organization, and leadership skills. He’s earned a well-deserved reputation for delivering innovative legal and business solutions that are tailored to his client's specific needs and resources.
Steven Becker possesses in-depth and wide-ranging knowledge of the complex legal issues businesses can face regarding matters such as:
Corporate Entity formation
Contract drafting, review, and negotiation
Intellectual property licensing and development
Trademark Clearance and Registration
Commercial transactions and agreements
Franchising, dealers and distribution
Manufacturing and product liability
Antitrust and competition
Advertising and marketing
e-Commerce and Internet law
Steven Becker's vision is simple: provide creatives, startups, and small and medium businesses the same high-quality business law, contracts, and intellectual property legal services as the big law firms he'd worked with, but with a client-focused and cost-effective approach they'd lacked.
This unparalleled dedication to ensuring “frictionless” customer service is part of what sets Steven Becker and Becker Law LLC apart from the competition.
Areas of Law and Practice
|Areas of Law||Areas of Practice|
|Advertising and Marketing||Advertising Law, Direct Marketing, False Advertising, International Marketing, Marketing Law, Multi-Level Marketing, Outdoor Advertising, Promotion Law, Sponsorship Law, Telemarketing Fraud, Telemarketing Law|
|Agency and Distributorships||Dealer and Distributor Termination, Distribution, Distribution Agreements, International Distribution|
|Antitrust and Trade Regulation||Antiboycott Compliance, Antitrust, Antitrust Class Actions, Business Combinations, Competition, Deceptive Trade Practices, International Antitrust, Price-Fixing, Trade Regulation, Unfair Trade|
|Appellate Practice||Civil Appeals, Criminal Appeals|
|Business Law||Business Arbitration, Business Associations Law, Business Cooperatives, Business Crimes, Business Development, Business Dissolutions, Business Enterprises, Business Estate Planning, Business Formation, Business Fraud, Business Litigation, Business Mediation, Business Organization, Business Planning, Business Regulation, Business Reorganization, Business Start-Ups, Business Succession Planning, Business Successions, Business Syndication, Business Taxation, Business Torts, Business Transactions, Business Transfers, Business Trusts, Business Valuation, Buy-Sell Agreements, Buying and Selling of Businesses, Closely Held Business Estate Planning, Closely Held Business Law, Closely Held Business Taxation, Complex Business Litigation, Cooperative Taxation, Emerging Business Law, Emerging Growth Companies, Entrepreneurial Business Law, Family Business Law, Family Business Mediation, Family Business Successions, International Business Law, International Joint Ventures, Joint Ventures, Limited Liability Company Law, Minority Business Law, Pass-Through Entities, Private Business Law, Privatization, Professional Practices, Small Business Law, Sole Proprietorships, Strategic Alliances, Trade and Professional Associations, Trade Association Law|
|Commercial Law||Commercial Arbitration, Commercial Bad Faith, Commercial Constitutional Law, Commercial Crimes, Commercial Fraud, Commercial Liability, Commercial Litigation, Commercial Mediation, Commercial Torts, Commercial Transactions, Commercial Transfers, Commercial Trusts, Complex Commercial Litigation, International Commercial Arbitration, International Commercial Law, International Sale of Goods, Negotiable Instruments, Retail Liability, Sale of Goods, Secured Transactions, Uniform Commercial Code, Warehousing|
|Contracts||Contract Drafting, Commercial Contracts, Contract Fraud, Contract Litigation, International Commercial Contracts, International Contracts|
|Copyrights||Copyright Infringement, Copyright Licensing, Copyright Litigation, Copyright Prosecution, Copyright Protection, Copyright Registration, International Copyright Law, Internet Copyright Law|
|Corporate Law||Closely Held Corporations, Corporate Banking Law, Corporate Commercial Law, Corporate Contracts, Corporate Control Contests, Corporate Criminal Law, Corporate Dissolutions, Corporate Ethics, Corporate Fiduciary Law, Corporate Finance, Corporate Formation, Corporate Governance, Corporate Income Tax, Corporate Insurance, Corporate Insurance Defense, Corporate Investigations, Corporate Litigation, Corporate Organization, Corporate Partnerships, Corporate Planning, Corporate Real Estate, Corporate Reorganization, Corporate Successions, Corporate Tax Controversies, Corporate Tax Planning, Corporate Taxation, Corporate Trusts, Corporate Workouts, Family Corporations, Foreign Sales Corporations, Hostile Takeovers, Incorporation, International Corporate Finance, International Corporate Law, International Corporate Taxation, Nonprofit Corporations, Offshore Corporations, Professional Corporations, Proxy Contests, Public Corporations, S Corporations, Small Business Corporations, Takeovers, Tender Offers, Transfer Pricing|
|Franchises and Franchising||Automotive Franchises and Dealerships, Dealership Law, Franchise Arbitration, Franchise Distribution, Franchise Law, Franchise Licensing, Franchise Litigation, Franchise Mediation, Franchise Regulation, Franchise Taxation, Franchise Termination, International Franchising|
|Intellectual Property||Artistic Property, Brand Management, Chemical Intellectual Property, Electrical Intellectual Property, Electronic Intellectual Property, Industrial Models and Designs, Industrial Property, Industrial Property Rights, Intellectual Property Arbitration, Intellectual Property Enforcement, Intellectual Property Infringement, Intellectual Property Licensing, Intellectual Property Litigation, Intellectual Property Portfolio Management, Intellectual Property Procurement, Intellectual Property Prosecution, Intellectual Property Rights, International Intellectual Property, International Licensing, Internet Intellectual Property, Literary Property, Mechanical Intellectual Property, Medical Intellectual Property, Merchandising, New Media Law, Pharmaceutical Intellectual Property, Piracy, Proprietary Rights, Protection of Personality|
|Leases and Leasing||Commercial Landlord and Tenant Law, Commercial Leasing, Evictions, Industrial Leasing, International Leasing, Landlord and Tenant Law, Lease Finance, Lease Terminations, Leasing, Leveraged Leasing, Office Leasing, Rent Control, Retail Leasing, Shopping Center Leasing, Unlawful Detainer|
|Privacy Law||Information and Privacy, Privacy and Publicity, Privacy Litigation, Right of Privacy, Right of Publicity|
|Trade Secrets||Theft of Trade Secrets, Trade Secret Misappropriation|
|Trademarks||Counterfeiting, International Trademarks, Internet Trademarks, Lanham Act, Service Marks, Trade Dress, Trade Names, Trademark Arbitration, Trademark Infringement, Trademark Licensing, Trademark Litigation, Trademark Prosecution, Trademark Protection, Trademark Registration|
- Connecticut, Georgia, New York
Owner | Becker Law LLC
• Represent freelancers, startups, and small- and medium-sized businesses in Georgia, New York, and Connecticut in connection with everything they might need during the business cycle, including helping protect the intellectual property in their idea or business concept, assisting with forming and launching their business, and drafting clear, plain-language contracts governing relationships with their employees, customers and vendors as their business matures.
• Services include forming or expanding a business, reviewing, developing and negotiating contracts, registering trademarks or copyrights, and providing advice and counsel with respect to exploiting and protecting intellectual property.
Director and Associate General Counsel | Canon U.S.A., Inc.
1992 - 2018
• Director and Associate General Counsel of a leading global provider of consumer. business to business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. Canon USA, Inc. is a $10+ billion subsidiary of Canon Inc., a global technology and imaging equipment conglomerate with annual revenue exceeding $45 billion.
• Counseled manufacturing and retail subsidiaries throughout the Americas, as well as product, sales and administrative divisions including IT, Finance and Accounting, HR, Compliance and Properties and Risk Management.
• Reviewed, negotiated, structured and drafted complex commercial agreements for Canon Americas' business units.
• Developed channel agreements for new product offerings to distributors, dealers, systems integrators, and VARS
• including, among others, NDAs, vendor agreements, procurement agreements, sales agreements, licensing agreements and manufacturing agreements.
• Developed/conducted preventative legal education training, including creation of policies/guidelines/ seminars.
• Managed bankruptcy and collections function for company and United States subsidiaries.
• Managed records management department for company and United States subsidiaries.
• Hired, managed and supervised external counsel in connection with Company and subsidiary litigation.
• Recruited and supervised staff of attorneys, support staff, and other professionals as Company's first in-house counsel.
• Initiated and oversaw the implementation of matter management software to help manage the legal department's workflow and company contracts.
• Served as counsel for multi-billion-dollar Computer Peripheral Products Division.
• Worked closely with Canon Inc. in Japan and with global affiliates in Europe and Asia.
General Counsel | The Computer Factory, Inc.
1990 - 1992
• General Counsel for NYSE national computer products retailer and franchisor
• Counseled and provided strategic legal advice to company on issues concerning dealers, distribution and franchising, advertising, marketing, credit and collections, trade practices, real estate, and employment
• Drafted, negotiated and reviewed complex commercial agreements, including all asset sale agreements in connection with sale of company.
• Managed company litigation, outside counsel, and collections.
J.D. | Pace University School of Law
1979 - 1982
B.A. | University of Brideport
1974 - 1978
Attorney Rating and Feedback
Publications and Presentations
TYPICAL HOURLY RATE: $200
TYPICAL FIXED FEE: $450
TYPICAL CONTINGENCY FEE: --
Decatur, Georgia, Dekalb County
Get a Lawyer Now
Tired of searching?
Anonymously post your legal needs quickly and for free, and lawyers interested in helping you will contact you via email!